Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Love Disneyland!

Last Wednesday (July 8th) I got to skip school to go to Disneyland again. I love Disneyland. :) I went with my host mom, Manato, and Vincent. Vincent was not in the original plan, but he called me Monday night telling me that his family had given him money to go to Disneyland and begging me to go with him (paying for myself) that Saturday. He didn't want to go alone. I didn't want to go twice in one week or on a Saturday. I asked my host mom if he could tag along and she agreed.

It was a really good day to go though. Due to the fact that it was a Wednesday afternoon and the weather wasn't too great it wasn't very crowded at all! It was a bit rainy throughout the morning, but since it was still warm I didn't bother bringing my umbrella along. The lines were so short it was great! For the majority of the rides our wait was like 5 minutes. Right in the morning we had to wait maybe 20 to 30 minutes for the more popular ones, but that wasn't as bad as the 70 to 90 minute waits they have on weekends.

We even rode our favorite rides twice and did the rather obscure ones, like paddling your own canoe, that I didn't know were there. The shows were awesome! They are better than the rides in my opinion. We saw a nice dancing show with all the Disney princesses and Mickey Mouse. There is a summer splash show they do now where they spray tons of water out into the crowd in front of Cinderella's castle. That was really cool, but I didn't know they were going to spray us. I got very wet on a rather rainy day. It would probably be more fun on a hot day. At the very end of they day, before the Great Electrical Parade, we saw a show that they just started that day. It was awesome! It was about Monsters Inc. The music was really fun and the effects were amazing. They had fire and a green laser and disco balls and a projector projecting stuff onto the whole castle. And They shot water out at the crowd again. It was SO COOL!

For dinner we went to a Polynesian restaurant there and had a 3-course dinner with a show. It was pretty cool. My host mom reserved that for us which was so nice of her! We also got to eat the yummy popcorn from Disney. Probably my favorite was the caramel, but we also tried honey and sea salt. I wanted to try the curry flavor... I think it would be good.

At night we saw the Great Electrical Parade (for my 3rd time-it never gets old, but that song sure does). It was pretty much the highlight of my day. I am pretty sure I had more fun with it than most of the little kids. I waved at all my favorite characters and some waved back! :D Wendy (from Peter Pan) waved to me and blew me a kiss. And, the best moment of my day at Disneyland... Prince Charming looked at me!!! I mean Cinderella's Prince Charming made eye contact with me and smiled at me. It still makes me happy to think about it.

Anyway. Disneyland was a lot of fun. I am glad I got to go again and I think we picked the perfect day to go.

(Pictures will come another day. Time for me to get some sleep.)

3 comments:

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!

AnnaMarie said...

Yep, Prince Charming thinks you're hot.

Abbeyfan said...

You're like a fairy tale wrecker.