Saturday, July 11, 2009

Horseback Riding

Today I had nothing planned and I was ready to enjoy a day off. My alarm didn't go off and I ended up sleeping in until almost 10:30 (oops) which felt wonderful. I have been so busy every day that I was just drained. It was good to sleep as long as I wanted. Then I got to skype with Dad, Christy, AnnaMarie, and Katie. That was fun.

During lunch my host mom said that once I was ready we could go. Go where? Horseback riding! :D Last time we went down to Yokosuka to go it was rainy so we couldn't ride. Today was good weather and we didn't have plans so we went again.

This girl gave me a lesson on how to ride.



It was really fun and I think I did pretty well. I rode for about 30 minutes and managed to get up to a fast trot. The horse's name was Cody, in case you were wondering.


My and Cody. I look pretty good, huh?


Then we played a nice game of baseball with the family. It was me and my host mom against my host dad and brother. The boys dominated, but I tried my hardest. :P Maybe a little too hard, actually. Manato is really quite good at baseball so I kind of forgot he was only 7... not that he wasn't way better than me anyway. I can just run faster. I feel a bit bad for it now. He still got home like 5 times though.

After that we went to sushi, which was really good. Yokosuka is right next to the open sea so the sushi there is a lot better than the sushi in Tokyo. That's what my host parents say anyway.

It was a fun day. However, I didn't get around to some of the stuff on my "to do" list that I had been planning on doing on my day off. One of those things is updating my blog. Hopefully I will get my Hokkaido and Disneyland posts up soon. They will show up beneath this one.... sorry.

3 weeks from today. :D

2 comments:

Abbeyfan said...

Cody? What kind of a name is that for a Japanese horse?

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!