Thursday, April 16, 2009

School (again)

Well, I guess I am going to write anther post about school. Sorry for being so boring, but Abbeyfan asked about a million questions in the comments of the last post so I figured I would answer them. :) Anything for my biggest fan.

Question: What do you do in cooking class?
Answer: I don't know yet. Cooking class is on Mondays and I was skipping school last Monday to take AnnaMarie, Tyler, and Katie to the airport. I will be sure to let you know if it is anything interesting though. I hope we learn to cook Japanese food.

Q: What do you do in your social studies class?
A: What do I do, or what does my class do? Those can be very different things. (haha) From what I can understand, which isn't a lot because this teacher talks really fast, it is... yeah, I don't know. I think it is mostly Japan, but he did ask me if we have any "coming of age" traditions or holidays in America. We don't. Or else I lied to my whole class... Anyway, during that class (the 2 times I have had it so far) I either try to pick out words that I know or I study my flashcards. The listening practice usually lasts about 10 minutes before I get sleepy or distracted. Then I just study on my own. At least I will learn something that way. The teacher doesn't seem to care what I do anyway, so that's nice.

Q: In counseling, do you learn counseling, or do you get counseled?
A: I get counseled. I guess. The American teacher here has kind of taken to being my counselor in the lessons we had last year even though I don't need it at all. We just talk about stuff and if I had any problems I could talk to him during that time. We usually end up studying Japanese anyway. My life is always perfect.

Q: What religion do you study?:
A: Well, I attend a Catholic school, so I am assuming that that is the religion we are supposed to be studying. But yesterday we studied Pablo Picasso. I couldn't figure out the tie to religion myself, but it's okay. The only lesson that I remember actually being about the Catholic religion was the one that was on the parent open house day. Parents could come in and watch the classes. The class is usually pretty fun though. If my Japanese is good enough that day to understand the jokes.

Q: What do you do in PE?
A: I believe I gave a rather thorough answer to this in the last entry... I am not sure what sport I will be doing when the Sport's Festival is over though.

Q: Do you get to show off your massive athletic skills?
A: hahahaha! Only my massive ping pong and badminton skills...

And I will sure try to get around 58 seconds in the 400... haha. Yeah, right! I'll be happy if I get under 80 seconds! If I get worse than that I think I might be banned from joining the track team next year. Oh, and I am runner number 7 of 8 in the 8X100m relay. That's almost the anchor. :)

2 comments:

Abbeyfan said...

Abbey, you could never be boring! We love you! We’re your biggest fan(s)!! OK. Since you seem to respond well to questions, here are some more. Do you walk to school? How far away is it? Is it further away to your school there than from your house to the HIS building? (Maybe you could walk to school, here, too …). As for “coming of age” traditions, there’s always those “Sweet 16” parties that we see on tv reality shows. Oh, you didn’t have one, did you? Sorry.

Glad you life is perfect. Do you do any cleaning up around your house, or does your hmom do it all? Do you help her cook? Do you watch television? Do you get to watch any Japanese game shows on television? Have you been to a sumo wrestling thing yet? Are you going to?

OK. In the 400m, at the Superior track meet last week, the winner ran it in 62 seconds. Katie Pertile from Ironwood ran 77 seconds. (For last year’s UP Finals, the #1 D2 400m qualifier ran 65 seconds). In the 100m (your leg of the 8x100 (what is that ???), you should run your 100m in about 14.4 (Jasmyn Giannunzio ran 14.34 to qualify for the UP’s last year). Let us know how you do …

I’m pretty good at ping pong …

So for P.E. what else do you do beside get ready for the Sports Festival by marching to the radio (what’s up with that??). Did you switch to your summer uniform yet?

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!