Friday, April 17, 2009

Question and Answer

Apparently my blog has become a question and answer wall now. :) But it's good. Sometimes I can't think of things to write about and it is hard for me to figure out what is interesting from my everyday life. So, if anyone has questions drop me a comment and I will try to get back to you in the next post.

These are also from Abbeyfan...

Q: Do you walk to school?
A: Yes, I usually walk to school. If it is raining I take the bus, though. But I really don't like taking the bus because there are so many people on it.

Q: How far away is it?
A: My school is about one mile away. And on the way there it is all uphill... a really steep hill. It takes about 20 to 25 minutes to walk there.

Q: Is it further away to your school there than from your house to the IHS building? (Maybe you could walk to school here, too....)
A: Haha! That's a good one! Why would I walk when I will have such a willing father to drive me? Besides, you are forgetting the part where walking to school in Ironwood means walking in below freezing weather for half the year.

Q: Do you do any cleaning up around the house, or does you hmom do it all?
A: Yeah, my host mom pretty much does it all. Except for my room and my laundry, obviously. Although sometimes she comes in to vaccume my room for me... I have offered to help, but she always tells me to just go relax. I guess she has her system and I would probably get in the way anyway.

Q: Do you help her cook?
A: Yep! I usually stir stuff. haha. But lately I have also gotten to help by cutting things, too! I'm moving up on the level of trust here. She let's me use knives... But seriously, I like helping her cook. Maybe I will be able to take a few recipes home. :)

Q: Do you watch television?
A: Yes. Sometimes, but only with my host family. I never watch it when I am home alone.

Q: Do you get to watch any Japanese game shows on television?
A: Sometimes I do. Japanese T.V. is pretty rediculous in general, but the game shows are just strange. Nothing has come close to that human tetris one from YouTube though... I wish that was on T.V. here.

Q: Have you been to a sumo wrestling thing yet? Are you going to?
A: I haven't gone to one, and I don't think I will be getting the chance. It is not one of the Rotary trips that have been planned for us.

Q: So for P.E. what else do you do besides get ready for the Sports Festival by marching to the radio? (What's up with that???)
A: Well, to start off with, we don't march to the radio, silly. We to the streching routine to the radio. We march to... a marching song with a really quiet percussion part. Other than that, I am not sure what we will be doing this year. Last year I did volleyball, badminton, and ping pong for about 2 months each. Friday's gym class is volleyball though. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with some competition at the end of the year before they graduate. That's what I understood from the lecture, anyway. I understood something along the lines of "you have to learn the rules of the game because we (teachers?) are worried that you will lose because you don't know the rules." But then again, the next thing I understood was about how we represent our school when we wear our uniform outside of school and everyone knows the uniform. So maybe I'm wrong.

Q: Did you switch to your summer uniform yet?
A: No, not yet. I guess we will switch in May. Which means I am going to send a box with my winter uniform and jackets in it home before I switch families again.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of the radio exercises. The one my school does is the level two part (when they are wearing red shirts). Now imagine hundreds of japanese girls that know this by heart and then me trying to follow along in the back. In front of all the parents and school staff memebers... oh, boy.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!