Monday, January 5, 2009

Church Dinners

I am so glad that there is a church so close to me here. And I am grateful that I have the opportunity to addend it pretty regularly. All the members here are so awesome! There aren't very many youth here at all, but the adults are so nice. The last time I went (Dec. 28) I was invited to a couple different dinners at member's houses. The first one of them was for that night, so I met up with the Bishop, President McGerry and his family at the station where we got a ride to the member's house. I guess the purpose for the dinner is for home teaching and they hold them once a month. President put it as the "best home-teaching gig he's ever had." haha That night they had gyoza for dinner. Along with soup and side salads and sashimi and shrimp and lot of other good food. It was really good food and it was nice to get to talk with some of the members and get to know them better. When I change host families in a month or so I will be closer to a different ward, but I think I will probably keep coming to this one. I really love the members here and they make me feel so at home.

The other party was at Sister Fujii's house. It was on January 3rd. She invited me, the missionaries, and a couple priesthood holders over. She is a really sweet lady and she made some awesome food. We had a nice salad, soup, and then fried chicken. It was so good! And way more than we could eat. It was a nice evening just talking over dinner and, of course, practicing my Japanese. :D Sorry I don't have pictures for this post. I didn't take any.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!

Michael said...

Do you 'addend' church, or 'attend' church?

AnnaMarie said...

That sounds like fun!