Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wicked!

Today was a pretty busy day. In school I had calligraphy for the first two hours. I finished the project we had been working on, so that's fun. It's the kanji (Chinese character) for dream. Today I made the stamp for it out of a plastic eraser and stamped it.

夢 (Yume- dream)


My stamp. It says my name.

After calligraphy everyone ate lunch and then we went to Shimbashi, Tokyo for the musical Wicked! It was amazing. I knew we were going to be going to it so I made a point of listening to all the songs on YouTube and looking up the plot summary. Between knowing the story ahead of time and actually understanding some of it I had no problem keeping up with it in Japanese. I even bought myself the CD of this cast singing it. I just think it will be fun to have the songs in Japanese.

I got home from the musical around 5:30, ate my after school snack that was waiting for me on the table, changed my clothes, and left for Young Women's. I have missed having those activities. Today was the first time I ever went in Japan. We went to one of the leaders' house and had dinner. It was so good! And her kitchen was so American! It had a real oven. Not a microwave that gets really hot; a real oven. The girls and leaders here are all so sweet. I am really glad to have met them even though it just adds more people to my list of good-byes in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!

Marianne P. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

AnnaMarie said...

So you're going to an English branch there now? That's fun. I'm glad you got to go see Wicked! And nice calligraphy! That'll take up Dad's whole living room wall! :)

Unknown said...

So where did you find your wicked tickets? Just curious because I want to see it too.

Caroline said...

Abbey I MISS YOU! I'm glad you're having so much fun!

Abbey said...

To sr: I don't know how we got the tickets. My school set it up and I just tagged along. Sorry. It was SO good though!

And to AnnaMarie: Yeah, I plan to put it up at my graduation party, but that's about it. It's really really really big.