Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bikes and Scooters!

This one's for Daddy! :D These are some pictures of the bike-parking-place near my station. A lot of people ride those scooter things, and even more people ride bikes. You see every kind of person riding bikes. Old men, mothers with a 4-year-old in a basket thing on the back and a 2-year-old in another seat on the handle bars, women wearing skirts, business men in suits, and students in uniform. So, I think it's safe to assume that they have places like this at pretty much every station.

And a note about the scooters. Even though I am pretty sure it's not legal, they always go in between or along the side of the cars on busy streets. Especially at stoplights or in heavy traffic. And occasionally you see people zip up onto the side walk and then back onto the street to avoid waiting for a red light. What is it with these scooter people?! They just think the rules don't apply to them or something!

And yes, I go past here every day in the bus. Every time I pass it I think, "I should take a picture of this for Dad. He likes to see these kinds of things." It only took me 5 months to finally walk back the 2 minutes and take some pictures. Mostly because I am usually in a hurry to get to the station and because you look rather stupid taking pictures of all the bikes. haha



The first half or so is bikes, and the back half is scooters. What an awful place to forget where you parked.

I love you, Daddy!

4 comments:

Abbeyfan said...

Yay for Abbey and bikes! What I noticed when I enlarged the photos is that there doesn't seem to be any locks on the bikes. Don't they lock them up?
Good pictures!

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!

Abbey said...

I think they usually lock them up. But maybe some people don't. ? Never having ridden a bike here myself, I don't really know. But I do see people putting a lock on as we drive by once in a while...

AnnaMarie said...

Good post. Love ya!