Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yacht Party!

I have once again failed to update my blog in more than a week, so now I have a few different posts to put up tonight and tomorrow. I just get so busy during the week with school and now volleyball. Anyway, more about that later. This post is about my yacht party which was last Saturday. September 20th, which happened to be the my one month mark. Yay for surviving my first month of exchange!

Saturday morning, I met up with some of the kids from Rotary. There was me, Iliana (Mexico), Felipe (Equador), Shintarou (Japanese- went to Mexico last year), and Vincent (Ohio, USA), who had us all over. We went to one of his host parent's apartments first where we used the hot tub in the basement and then the pool on the roof. It was a little cold. I really didn't want to get in, but Shintarou didn't really give me any choice in the matter... thanks a lot.

Felipe, Iliana, Shintarou, Vincent, and me on the roof.



After we were done there, we went and bought our lunches at a convenience store and then brought them to the yacht at the Zushi Marina. We watched the get it all ready and then we took off! It was really fun. I even got to drive it! The boat wasn't too big, but it was really nice. The place we went sailing is on the southern side of the little peninsula I am on. The ocean that I usually see is Tokyo Bay, but this was actually the Pacific Ocean. We stopped the boat after a while and all of us jumped into the ocean off the end. It was really fun.





Driving the yacht!


Me and Iliana


Vincent, Me, Iliana, and Shintarou



We returned to the dock and then went to Vincent's host parent's other apartment. Yes, they have two apartments. And a yacht. And a house. All within a couple hours of the rest. At the apartment we showered and then we all went to Kamikura Station. We had dinner at a nice and cheap Italian restaurant. We had Italian because it won over McDonald's when we flipped a coin. Then, we went and got ice cream and went home. It was a really fun day.

Me, Shintarou, Iliana, and Felipe after getting ice cream.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Abbey is the best!

Abbeyfan said...

Nice pictures! But, really, you were just in Chicago or somewhere with that ice cream photo, weren't you? I can read backwards, and the sign on the window clearly says "Sundaes, Ice Cream, Cakes, Beverages", and I don't think it's in JAPANESE!
The kids in the pictures look like regular American kids.
And, OK, so the water in the swimming picture doesn't look like Lake Superior water, so maybe you were in Los Angeles.

Where are you, really?

Abbeyfan said...

YAY PICTURES I LIKE THEM I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN

Abbeyfan said...

THAT LAST ONE WAS FROM BJ

AnnaMarie said...

You look great---happy and beautiful! I'm glad you're having fun times! Keep it up!